Canadian Securities Exchange Reports Record 2021 Performance
January 19, 2022 – Toronto, ON – The Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE” or “the Exchange”) today announced record market statistics for 2021. Trading activity reached record levels, and CSE issuers raised more than $8 billion of aggregate capital, far exceeding any other annual total in the Exchange’s history.
2021 Operating Statistics
- Trading volume of CSE-listed securities totaled 44.0 billion shares, an increase of 64% compared to 26.9 billion in 2020;
- Trading value of CSE-listed securities more than doubled year over year to $34.1 billion, compared to $15.2 billion in 2020;
- CSE issuers completed 1,166 financings that raised an aggregate $8.2 billion, compared to 1,233 financings that raised $3.6 billion in 2020;
- The CSE welcomed listings from 182 new companies, including 23 fundamental changes of existing issuers;
- The CSE had 743 listed securities as at December 31, 2021, an increase of 18% compared to 629 as at December 31, 2020; and
- The aggregate market value of CSE issuers was $49.3 billion as at December 31, 2021, compared to $42.1 billion as at December 31, 2020.
“The Canadian Securities Exchange had its best year ever in 2021 by a wide margin,” said Richard Carleton, CSE Chief Executive Officer. “Our stellar performance metrics underscore the fact that our issuers are gaining significant benefits from choosing the CSE for their public listings. We are gratified that more and more talented entrepreneurs are making this choice, both from Canada and around the world. Indeed, the Exchange added 182 new listed issuers during the year from a broad range of industry sectors. Leading the way were 62 mining and 62 technology companies, further diversifying the range of opportunities available for investors.”
“Looking ahead, we are continuing to work hard on initiatives to better serve our issuer and investor community. Foremost among them is the proposed revision to our listing policies to create a senior tier on the CSE. We look forward to working with regulators to finalize these plans after the comment period on our proposal concludes in early February.”
December 2021 Operating Statistics
- Trading volume of CSE-listed securities totaled 2.0 billion shares;
- Trading value of CSE-listed securities was $1.3 billion;
- CSE issuers completed 114 financings that raised an aggregate $975 million; and
- There were 15 new listings.
What’s On At the CSE
Tech Tuesdays has returned! The second season kicked off on January 11 with an in-depth discussion of the metaverse, a 3D virtual reality space where users can socialize, transact and build new economic realities. The program included interviews with executives from three leading-edge technology companies: Nextech AR Solutions Corp. (NTAR), Fantasy 360 Technologies Inc. (VRAR), and XRApplied Technologies Inc. (XRA). The entire program can be viewed on the CSE’s YouTube channel here.
On January 20, the CSE will present ESG in the Capital Markets Part 2: The Ecosystem, a follow-up to the successful inaugural event held last October. The virtual event, which is presented in partnership with MNP LLP, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP and NATIONAL Capital Markets, will further explore the critical role that sustainability plays in the modern economy and capital markets.
Interview with Richard Carleton
Richard Carleton discussed the CSE’s key highlights from 2021, and outlook for 2022, in a year-end interview published on the Exchange’s website. Please click here to read it.
New Listings in December 2021
Corcel Exploration Inc. (CRCL)
Legible Inc. (READ)
Hydrograph Clean Power Inc. (HG)
TUGA Innovations, Inc. (TUGA)
Indigenous Bloom Hemp Corp. (IBH) – Fundamental Change
UniDoc Health Corp. (UDOC)
Trojan Gold Inc. (TGII)
Canter Resources Corp. (CRC)
Fabled Copper Corp. (FABL)
SureNano Science Ltd. (SURE)
Blanton Resources Corp. (BLNT)
Radio Fuels Energy Corp. (CAKE)
Empatho Holdings Inc. (EMPH)
Nation Gold Corp. (NATN)
Medcolcanna Organics Inc. (MCCN)
About the Canadian Securities Exchange:
The Canadian Securities Exchange is a rapidly growing stock exchange focused on working with entrepreneurs to access the public capital markets in Canada and internationally. The Exchange's efficient operating model, advanced technology and low fee structure help companies of all sizes minimize their cost of capital and maximize access to liquidity.
The CSE offers investors in Canada and abroad access to a multi-sector collection of growth companies through a liquid, reliable and highly regulated trading platform. The Exchange is dedicated to entrepreneurship and has established itself as a leading hub for discourse in the entrepreneurial community.
STAY CONNECTED WITH THE CSE
CSE TV on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/csetv
The Exchange for Entrepreneurs Podcast: https://blog.thecse.com/cse-podcasts/
Richard Carleton, CEO