Respectful Workplace Policy
Appendix 1 – Accessibility Commitment & Overview
The Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) recognizes the importance of treating all individuals with dignity, respect and in a way that allows them to maintain their independence. CSE believes its workforce should be inclusive and reflect the diversity of the community in which it operates. CSE is committed to meet the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner.
If you have inquiries or feedback regarding CSE’s accessibility policies and practices, or require an accessible format for information or communication support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide a response in a timely manner.
The CSE’s Accessibility Policy – Employees (Appendix 2 of the CSE’s Respectful Workplace Policy) outlines the steps and practices that the CSE takes to meet its obligations to applicants and employees under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”), including:
- the provision of appropriate training to CSE staff, Board and contractors,
accounting for accessibility needs in terms of performance management and career
- following accommodating recruitment practices,
- making sure employees have requisite written individual accommodation plans, and
- accounting for appropriate emergency response information in the workplace.
If employees have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability‐related
accommodations in order to return to work, the CSE will facilitate their return.
- provide accommodation for all customers who require it, including permitting workplace access for service animals and support people as required and requested
- consult with people with disabilities to best meet their information and communication needs
- make websites and content on those sites accessible as required
CSE Emergency Procedures, Plans & Public Safety Information
For any emergency procedures, plans or public safety information that the CSE makes available to the public, it will provide the information in an accessible format or with appropriate communication supports, as soon as practicable, upon request.